Life is so busy that we often find ourselves focusing on “getting things done” rather than the importance of family time or quality time.
We here at Chicco happen to think that time will have to be split and/shared between mom and dad in order for the house chores, work and quality time to be shared evenly and done thoroughly.
Whether its mom or dad, or both that are working full time, the evenings are more than likely dedicated to precious time with your baby. If a parent is out working all day they are unable to spend the time they need and want to with baby. We have put together a small list of things to try to do when you are at home so that you maximise that quality time together.
- The best moment for a working parent to play and care for a baby at the same time is bath time. Incorporate some bath toys and baby accessories for the bath room and you could be spending an hour doing a chore that feels like and is more like, quality time!
- If mom is breastfeeding then this becomes an obvious time for bonding but if baby has finished breastfeeding or couldn’t breast feed to begin with, then this becomes dad time too. Allow dad to feed and burp baby while you take care of something else.
- Talk to your baby…this can be done whilst baby is still in the womb too. Make time to be quiet (before bed is always a good time) and send positive thoughts and words to your baby. This will be a good relaxing exercise for you and your husband too.
- Get lots of rest. Although this is not direct bonding time, it will allow mom or dad to be more present and reduce stress levels (this negative energy definitely gets passed on to your baby), thus aiding bonding time.
- Sing a song to your baby. This one can also be done during pregnancy. Did you know that your babies hearing develops at 18 weeks? This is prime bonding time for parents – allow your baby to get to know your voices before he or she is even born!
Remember that your baby is going to grow up very quickly and before you know it he or she will be off to school and have less time to spend with you. So be sure to remember the importance of family time! Find plenty of educational toys, baby equipment and other baby products to enjoy with your baby, from Chicco today!