Having a child can be overwhelming as much as it is a beautiful experience. It really does help to be prepared whether you are speaking to other mothers or reading books.
Here is a list of 5 things all new moms need to know, to help with your preparation. We want to ensure this experience is as enjoyable as possible.
- Firstly, laughter really is the best medicine. Laugh in the good times and the bad. Learn to find joy even in those moments of exhaustion. Kids also love it when you laugh and share that joy with them, it forms a special bond and happy memory between you. We can often be hard on ourselves and compare ourselves to other parents but remember to be kind to yourself, everyone is different!
- This brings us to our second point, cultivate your interests. Find the things in life that bring you joy (painting, running, gardening?). It’s ok to take time for yourself in-between the busy demands of motherhood, it will allow you to express yourself and have time to think.
- A great must-have product to get that you may not always think about is a baby carrier. It will allow you to be close to your baby while giving you two hands free to do the things you need. Nothing calms a baby more than feeling your heartbeat and the warmth of your body. Have a look
- Bath time can be a very special time to bond with your baby and there are lots of hygiene accessories that can make this a productive time too. You may not have thought of getting baby nail scissors, however baby’s nails can get long and need to be trimmed so they don’t scratch themselves. More useful products for the bath time can include a water temperature indicator and oral care sets. Have a look at Chicco’s selection
- Lastly, cherish this time. It won’t be long before your baby becomes a toddler and then before you know it, a teenager. Don’t wish away time, it is an honour to be a parent. Although some stages can be severely hard, they grow up fast so cherish right now.